If you got to learn the process to transfer your domain don’t forget to read this article till the end.
Domain Name Transfer Procedure of a .COM/.NET/.ORG/.BIZ/.INFO TLD is as follows:
1) An EPP Code or Authorization Key is required for initiating Domain Transfer as per ICANN regulations.
2) The EPP code is a case sensitive string, a secret code assigned to the domain when registered by the Domain Registrar.
3) The EPP Code or Authorization Key should be received from the “Losing Domain Registrar” and provided to the “New Domain Registrar”
4) During the process, the “Losing Domain Registrar” should be asked to unlock the Domain name for the transfer procedure.
5) Once the EPP code is provided to the “New Domain Registrar” a verification email is sent to the administrative contact email address within 8-24 hours.
6) This email includes an authorization link which should be clicked within 24 hours counting from email arrival or else the link nullifies.
7) Once the authorization link is clicked, Domain transfer procedure is initiated and “New Domain Registrar” gets the control over the Domain in 5-7 days.
8) Please note that the Domain name registered for minimum 60 days are only eligible for the Domain Transfer procedure.
Second Major TLD is .CO.UK , Org.UK , .UK
In case of .UK domains the process is pretty fast, in this each registrar has got it TAG Name and its been controlled by Nominet. If you wish to change your provider you just need to change your TAG name.. This can either be done at your old provider or you can ask Nominet for help incase your old registrar does not reponds.