WebHostingUK Limited Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Last Revised: 5 December, 2012.
- Shared and Reseller Server Uptime Guarantee:
- “WebHostingUK” offers 99.9% uptime guarantee on its Shared and Reseller Hosting plans excluding planned, emergency or unscheduled server maintenance or conditions beyond our reasonable control. We will notify customers about the scheduled maintenance through our Forum or e-mail. If your shared/reseller server has a physical downtime that is not within the 99.9% uptime you may receive one month of credit on your account. Approval of the credit is at the discretion of “WebHostingUK” dependent upon justification provided. Third party monitoring service reports may not be used for justification due to a variety of factors including the monitor’s network capacity/transit availability. The uptime of the server is defined as the reported uptime from the operating system and the Apache Web Server which may differ from the uptime reported by other individual services. To request a credit, please contact [email protected] with justification. All requests must be made in writing via email. Server Uptime guarantee is only applicable for shared and reseller hosting. The total credit applicable would never be more than one month’s hosting charges paid by the customer at any time and for whatever reason.
- Dedicated Server and VPS Uptime Guarantee:
- Dedicated servers and VPS are covered by a 99.9 % network uptime guarantee in which the credit is prorated for the amount of time the server is down which is not related to our uptime guarantee. The total credit applicable would never be more than one month’s hosting charges paid by the customer at any time and for whatever reason. Dedicated Server and VPS customers are solely responsible for the internal services uptime management as internal service downtime is not part of uptime guarantee.
- Hardware Failure:
- “WebHostingUK’s” technicians monitor the Servers round the clock to avoid downtime which can be caused due to several reasons such as server load or network. However, Hardware Failure is an uncontrollable disaster for which compensation is not applicable. During such occurrence, downtime can extend from 24-48 hours due to hardware and software replacement and data restoration.